You can find the original piece she did on these cookies here
So, this is how i did it!
I actually don't own a coffee cup cutter, so used a baby onesie cutter, and chopped the sleeves and bottom bit off. Inverted, it gave a great angled look to my cookie.
I did cut in the round on the top by hand, just to give a better definition of the lid once completed, and I must say I am glad I did.
Above, you can see where I have used a food-safe marker to draw out where I wanted to run each section. This is really useful when you are going to be using multiple colours.
You can also see above the coffee bean cookies, which I hand cut as I just had nothing that I could see that would work.
Note to self to stop taking photos on our wooden table. Will move to a white background for better colour I promise.
On the right you can see where I lined the coffee cup sections, using a tan colour I made using mint green, lemon yellow and super red.
Next, I flooded the tan sections of the coffee cup in. At this point, I let them set for about an hour, so the colours wouldn't run when I added the white mid-section and top.
There is really only one shop in our city that sells the Americolor brand gel colours and they carry a limited supply, so everything is ordered online. It just means I have to think ahead and stay on top of colours, which obviously didn't happen this week.
I piped around the top edge and sides before flooding in the white.
For the coffee beans above, I used a thicker icing in favour of not lining and then flooding, simply filling one half of the cookie, waiting for it to semi-dry, then filling in the remainder, as you can see here.
Added in some lovely hearts, lined with white, filled with a icing which was a mix of electric pink & super red.
These found their way to someone who totally deserved some coffee cookies.
Check in later this week for this weeks theme. ORIGAMI!
See ya then,